Tuesday, July 14, 2015

Piratefest 2015 @ The Whisky 02/18/15


Piratefest was my calm before the storm show. If you remember, I think in my 'current situation' post, I had said that I only went out twice last semester, the first was this before I got busy, and the second time was "Paganfest 2015"(joking) at the end when all was finished (kind of).

I went with a group of friends from high school, met up with some friends there, and all in all was in good company!

We got there late, and by the time we walked to a nearby bank ATM, came back and got through the line, we completely missed the first band, Devil's Alley. When we got in finally, Rainbowdragoneyes was on. Weird 8-bit music- lots of sampling from video game theme songs. Sounds like something you'd hear playing on a mini ipod speaker at a fantasy/RPG themed booth in the dealer's room at a small-scale convention.
Bit specific? Yeah.
Not exactly my cup of tea- I think the entire time I was like 'wtHHHHECK?????!! XD'

Next up was The Dread Crew of Oddwood.
They're a San Diego based group, and they play at our Ren Faire when that comes around.
Enjoyable to watch, as was the music to listen to. All around jovial atmosphere, and I'd definitely go see them again.
I recommend giving their "They're Taking the Hobbits to Isengard" video on youtube- A+ stuff, and you get to see exactly how they act live.





After Dread crew's set was over, Alestorm finally hit the stage shortly after.
You know... I'm p. sure I wrote down a partial setlist, but I ha..
SUDDENLY I REMEMBERED I HAVE A PHOTO OF THE SETLIST.
OKKAAYYY~~~ WE'RE IN BUISNESSSS~~
Setlist was:
**** Intro track: "Monkey Island" ****
Walk the Plank
The Sunk'n Norwegian
Shipwrecked
Magnetic North
Back Through Time
That Famous Ol' Spiced
Nancy the Tavern Wench
Midget Saw
Keehauled
Wolves of the Sea
Wooden Leg!
Wenches and Mead
------------------------------------
**** Encore intro track: "1741 Intro" ****
1741 (The Battle of Cartegena)
Hangover
Captain Morgan's Revenge
Rum
**** Outro track: "Questing upon the poop deck" ****

Before Midget Saw, Chris called for girls to come on stage that were shorter than (ex)guitarist Dani Evans. After standing back-to-back with him, they were all declared technically midgets. My friend ending getting on stage and dancing during the song. Good thing I had the Choke Boots on CAUSE I WOULD'VE BEEN IN THE SAME BOAT. AHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA.

My friend on the left! :)


For reference, This is Dani.





Audience interaction before 'Wooden Leg!'. Chris had jokingly asked if there was any one in the crowd that was missing a limb, people joked around and said they lost one, but then there ACTUALLY was someone that had lost a limb. Apparently that was the first time that happened to the group.

Mini canons that shot 100 $1 bills at the first shot, and fog after.


The guy was REALLY stoked at getting pummeled in the wall of death.
Hahahahahaha


Chris crowdsurfing


Got photos with Chris after the show! IDK why I'm glowing.

All in all, a fun and memorable show. I look forward to the next time they're in town.

Thanks for reading!
-okanmuri

No comments:

Post a Comment