Saturday, September 21, 2013

Review: UNIF "The Goner" platform from Dollskill + outfit



Intrigued?? COME ON IN, M8s. 

Okay, so let me tell you about these. Occasionally, I do admit, I am a tumblr shopper. I see something I like on tumblr, and I go on a quest to buy it because I like it so much. This was the case with these platforms! I saw the leopard ones that blogger style2bones posted alongside an outfit, and I was like HO BOY, I NEED THOSE RAD BABIES IN MY LIFE.
So, I added them to my list of shoes I need to buy, which includes the UNIF Das Boots. Anyway, so they were on my list, and I figured, these were clearly made for the summer, so they might not be around for long versus like year round staples like the Hellraisers, Hellbounds, and Das Boots- so they took higher priority. 
Then, not too long after, Dollskill announced their "Buy one Get one", BOGO, sale, and these were among the listed items! 
So I went to go try them on, found that I needed a size 5, knew I liked the leopard over the black pair, so I went through the BOGO list to see what else I should get. 
WELL, AS YOU CAN SEE, I decided to get the platforms in both of the available styles- black and leopard! 
Since Dollskill is a CA based company, San Fran, to be exact, and being a CA resident, there was a tax on the shoes, and so they came out to 200 something. But let me tell you, the listed price was 188, maybe, and the store where I tried them on, they were listed as 208... and considering I got a free pair- I GOT A PRETTY GOOD DEAL, OK. 
IT WAS JUSTIFIED. 
PLEASE STOP JUDGING ME RN. 

Okay, so I ordered them- shipping was free, came in a couple of days, awesome. 

I GOTS A BIG ASS HEAVY BOX. 
WHAT...
COULD BE INSIDE.


*insert sound of angels singing*

AW YISS, YOU CANNOT TELL ME THESE DON'T LOOK AWESOME.
Black platforms have silver metal, Leopard platforms have gold metal, which I would say is a bit more rose gold than the standard yellow gold you see other gold accessories made out of. 

Shoe fact rundown- 
These are NOT vegan shoes- they are 100% leather
The heel and platform are listed as 6", 3", respectively, but I measured and found they were 6 1/4", and 3 1/4" respectively. 

So, let me show you how these work-

So here's the top fastener completely open-

Pop that in through the metal loop-

VELCRO- 

And put that ish together!
The toe is adjustable as well-
Voila! Fully put together shoe~

Overall shoe rundown-
They're really comfortable- see that raised center part along the insole? It's padding so that area is nice and comfy
However.... the metal loop in the toe area presses into the foot, so that can hurt after a while. Especially for me, since it looks like I have slight/mild bunion status- you can see how in the photo where I have one of each pair on how the loop sits right on/before that area on the right foot...

Other than that problem (which I mean, it's really just my fault/problem, not the shoe's)- they're 100% comfy, and above all- you feel stable walking in them, and the shoe itself feels stable/sturdy to walk in! I know a lot of times when you have a tall platform like this, they don't feel stable you you don't have adequate support in the toe & ankle area (which is what a lot of people had problems with in the JC Dominique platforms, as gorgeous as they may be).

OUTFIT-
LOTS of metal!


INSTERGREM (@okanmuri)

Separates/ w/o filters-





MAKEUPS.

My overall dollskill experience was great, they handle everything very smoothly, and very fast, plus great prices, sales, and selection. I will definitely be buying more from them in the future!

OK. DAS ENDE.

Thanks for reading!
-okanmuri

No comments:

Post a Comment